keskiviikko 6. maaliskuuta 2013

Epoxy and powdered glassfibre

Epoxy for the  small fixes 


Today I decided to think ahead and get some of my favorite stuff; SP-106 epoxy. This time I opted for the fast hardener since I will be doing the work in less than optimal surroundings. This meaning that the I will try to get as much filling done as soon as possible in low temperatures. I really want the bottom to be reasy for barrier coating as soon as spring and the temperature kicks in, so I think that I need to get creative and build somekind of shelter witha a heat source for the areas where there's a need to do larger fills. Anyway there' s still time since it's still minus degrees for a long time.

I have already used this stuff in my other boat, which is a 17 footer that is undergoing a major renovation (stringers, transom, etc). The SP is easy to use and so far I have been more than happy with the stuff.

The plan is simple, grind out all bad stuff and small cracks and fill them with a paste made of powdered glassfibre, fillite- microballoons and silica- ash to stop the mix dripping before it sets.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti