maanantai 11. helmikuuta 2013

Basic stuff

If someone else is planning to do this kind of work over the winter, please be adviced...

When the temperature goes over the freezingpoint and there has been a longer period of subzero temperatures the boat effectively gathers moisture on the outside of its hull since it is still colder than the surroundings, this is especially true if there is a high humidity level. I know all this but did not think it through...

Yesterday evening I had already set up my lights and generator up and running and I started to sand the bottom only to find it to be an exercise in futility. The moisture made it impossible, the sanding disc clogged up in seconds and it was a mess. If only the weather would stay in subzero temperatures, my life would be easier.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti