sunnuntai 13. lokakuuta 2013

Season has ended, another one has just begun...

The saddest day of season is always the haul out, for us it happened on 28.9. Mr. Karttunen was once again the truck/crane operator and I was anxious to see the condition of the bottom.

Last time when we hauled out there were some issues with the bottom. So I spent about 350 hours under the boat doing it right. Scraping and sanding, four Light Primer barrier coats, one layer of Hempel's Hard Racing and one layer of Mille Extra ablative. Now was the time to see if all that work had paid off or did we have a "blister boat" as some of the "pro's" had already declared.


Up she comes...

I had promised to the truck/crane operator that if there are bubbles I will buy him a bottle of sparkling, Well, I saved my money on that. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the bottom, nothing. As the pictures show there really wasn't much of slime either, this kind of surprised me since the boat had sat and seen only infrequent use.




Luckily we have the bottom washers around, it makes life so much easier to have someone with proper tools and a powerful power washer to do the work in 15 minutes. It would probably take me an hour and I would get very wet... For 40€ it just isn't worth it.


There she goes... 44 years and still going strong...

It seems that my idea of using ablative over hard seems to be working. The power washer took some of it away and where brush was used there was a clear blue color showing through, just as it should. I chose to use ablative in order to avoid the build up of many layers, in the long run it will make life easier...


Almost done, few adjustments left.. 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti