perjantai 17. toukokuuta 2013

Engine overhaul

After much of the painting has been done it was time to focus on the mechanics. In reality this means that I needed to change pre and primary fuel filters, install new impellers, bleed the fuelsystem, install injectors to both engines etc... 


Yes, it is a oilfilter but a tricky one. There is not much room to get a hold of this succer on the stb engine, in fact it is a real squeeze. As you can see from below. 


This is the view I have to the filter. I can just barely see it or to be more accurate the tip of it. There is no way I can reach from behind or from the front of the engine so my only option was to cut a pice of the fuel tank insulation away and get my hand in there. After I managed to get it loose I neede to drop it to the bilge and push it towards the aft with a long screwdriver. It could be a mess but luckily I remembered those palve oil absorbing pads everywhere. Time taken for filter change roughly three hours. 


Luckily the waterpumps are easily accesible but it takes a lot of force to get new impellers in place, less if you use some glycerin based grease, I snatched some from my wife. I also usezip ties to hold the blades bent while pushing the impeller in, I could get done without them but found out that lifemis easier if you use them. 



Thats allt the stuff you need to change the impeller, the filter tool was not used but somehow ended up laying there with all the other ones. 



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti