lauantai 13. huhtikuuta 2013

Injectors, out and about...


4 degrees, wet and miserably weather, so what to do? Naturally the joy of boating is that one never really has enough free time to just kick back and relax. Tons of stuff to do, today it was the injectors. During my recent trip to Volvo Penta dealer they told me that I wont be needing any special tools in order to remove the injectors From TAMD 40B engines. So ahead I went and tackled the removal process.


Port engine, all was nice and neat here.


The starboard engine was slightly harder to start than the port one last summer, and as the engines have 600+ hours (after rebuild) in them it was time to get them out. On the starboard side the injectors were pretty damn dirty and harder to get loose. I needed to use the 17mm wrench to wiggle them ever so slightly so that I could pull them away.


First one out  (lousy picture)

My phone is not the sharpest of the bunch and It was difficult to hold the injector and try get a picture of it while holding a piece of paper over some wounds that I managed to get while opening the bolts. 

I would call this dirty too





As you can see there was quite a bit of crud or soot on them. So off they go to the shop and once I get them back they will be nice and new. I am also pretty confident that these injectors are the main culprit to the uneven fuel burn between the engines. As stated, the starboard engine was slightly harder to start and I am hoping to get even this symptom fixed by fixing the injectors. We will see about that in the spring then.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti