maanantai 29. huhtikuuta 2013

This and that..

Lots of activities with the boat in the last weeks. Grinding and filling followed by another round of grinding and filling. The list in the bow that protects the hull from small impacts with rocks and stuff was a concern for me, I knew that I could not just let it stay there and paint over it so it has to come out.

This stainless list needs to go and then put back on. 

The only problem is that this list is through bolted, nothing wrong with that fact but it makes it a pain in the a** to get off from the boat. It has not leaked but there is a small area that has been bent somewhere down the line, so I need to get it straightened somewhere. After the hull has received all primer layers I will bolt that list back on with generous amounts of Sikaflex 291 and get a layer of antifouling on it, maybe even some primer. I already purchased new bolts, washers and nuts for it. A4 grade of course.

The washer, this side up... 

The washer you see above is the one that goes under the injectors in the injector bore. During the first visit to the dealer they said that these are not needed. The injector shop however had a different view and so after studying the manual the dealer ordered these for me. Expensive stuff I would say, these washers (12) and copper rings (12) and washers to the fuel lines (26) cost about 80€. Well, in honesty that price also covered numerous calls to their mechanics to determine which way these are to be set in the bores, finally we cleared it. For anyone who is doing the same stuff the picture is correct.


Hempel dealership in my livingroom? 

I have bought some of the paints that are needed soon. Four buckets of Light Primer (with hardeners) and paint for the new waterline, Brilliant gloss (black and white). The solvents and Epoxy Filler are not in this picture as they are stored in my car, which by the way looks like a storage for a boatyard at the moment.

Maybe we will see some warmer weather during the next weekend so I could get all the filling and fairing done and also do the repairs to the list at the bottom.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti