sunnuntai 7. huhtikuuta 2013

Holes and lots of them..

Today I finally installed the anchorwinch, bolted in its place and hooked up all the electronics. Tested it briefly so that it works but as I could not remember the procedure needed to "zero out" the brains of the unit I decided to go back another day to reel in the new line to the drum. Well, at least the anchorwinch is not sitting in the livingroom anymore, wife will be happy. 

As the winch was talen care of I had a look at the bottom since it has now been several days without freezing temperatures. Surely enough I saw moisture weeping from one of those places where the previous owner had done repairs to the bottom lists. 


Do not drill a hole to your boat, drill 30 of them...
Thanks for the effort and kudos for doing the fix. If only they had done it properly. There is foam used to fill the list and then it has been laminated over with solid glass, unfortunately there has been some damage along the way and the repair has worked fine aftwards but not so in the other direction.

The foam is wet for about 90 centimeters from the fix towards the bow, so not much left to do but get the drill out and drill some 30 or so holes into the outer laminate, followed by intense picking of the foam with anything I can fit in there. I have already done same repair to two other areas but this is the biggest fix of them all.

Some passers by were looking at me in a strange way when they saw that I am drilling holes to my boat, well maybe some of them knew what I was doing.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti